Modified version of the soundex algorithm
Algorithm is as follows:
- All non-alphabetic characters are ignored
- Word case is not significant
- After the first letter, any of the following letters are discarded: A, E, I, H, O, U, W, Y.
- The following sets of letters are considered equivalent
A, E, I, O, U C, G, J, K, Q, S, X, Y, Z B, F, P, V, W D, T M, N All others have no equivalent
- Any consecutive occurrences of equivalent letters (after discarding letters in step 3) are considered as a single occurrence